More and more organizations are betting to keep their employees motivated through non-remunerative benefits. Among the services offered are quality prepaid medicine, extended vacation days, gifts for certain dates, discounts at gyms, nurseries for their young children, among others. The efficient employee has a high price and is very attractive to other companies. Therefore, to keep it, you have to have it loyal. And using only the money to achieve it is not the only possible way.In fact, in real terms, the sense of belonging is not tied only to the economic. In this sense, granting a trip as a way to recognize the performance of an employee becomes a highly interesting option. The trip, with respect to other prizes, has the advantage of having a special attraction and attributes that make it different. It has the ability to foster enthusiasm and enthusiasm, awakening the desire of many people. It is an alternative with great advantages for both the employee and the companies because it allows to generate significant improvements in the work environment, strengthen links with customers, increase levels of job satisfaction, decrease the level of turnover and improve presenteeism. Even so, you must keep in mind that in order for the trip to achieve the objectives you intend, you need four simple elements, but indispensable.
1. Have availability
Your employees have to be “available”, that is, have enough time to make this trip of pleasure, because you will find marriages with small children or divorced parents who will have difficulties to be absent from their home for a period.
2. Have no worries
It is important that employees who receive this benefit are not focused on solving urgent problems, such as financial debts. Otherwise, they will think that the proposal is extremely inopportune.
3. Make it a unique experience
You must make an effort to adapt the trip to the tastes of the beneficiaries. For this to be feasible, seeks to know their habits and customs. For example, it would be appropriate to offer adventure tours only to those who like camping or outdoor activities and look for other options for those who prefer a beach or the so-called shopping tourism.
4. Make it unforgettable
The experience must be exciting and unforgettable so that the beneficiaries can return home with excellent memories and stories to tell.
As corporate events in general, incentive trips are a tool, above all, to stimulate or strengthen teamwork and create an optimal environment for obtaining positive results. A great variety of studies have been carried out where it is demonstrated that the companies in which there is a more relaxed atmosphere are, in general, more efficient and successful. Therefore, we will discover what are the benefits for your company and what factors you should set for the correct choice of destination.
The benefit of incentive trips for workers
- It generates great motivation in the workers.
- Narrow relations between workers. In many occasions, caused by routine or daily stress, there is no place for employees to get to know each other beyond the workplace.
- Consistent with the previous point, in an incentive trip where, inevitably, a closed environment is created, the feeling of belonging to a group is encouraged
- This improves both the environment in the workplace and teamwork.
- Create equal opportunities. This type of rewards to employees for the good performance of their work promotes an improvement in equal opportunities.
- In the same way, recognition of work is a great value benefit. One of the best feelings of doing any job is that your superiors decide to reward you. This causes an increase in self-esteem, improvement of well-being in the company, etc.
Benefits of incentive trips for the company
- Increased business productivity. When workers know that they can be rewarded with an incentive trip they increase their efforts. In this way the productivity of the company improves.
- Promotion and good publicity for the company. The workers who attend the incentive trip will talk about this type of rewards that the company to which it belongs grants. It is a way to promote the brand image, within a strategy of small-scale branding .
- Maintenance of talent within the company . When employees are happy with your company it is harder for them to leave. This way, you will avoid a brain drain.